“Stand with Sisters” Campaign Raises Awareness about Women Religious and Social Justice During National Catholic Sisters Week (March 8-14) and throughout March
In March, in honor of National Catholic Sisters Week, 14 congregations of St. Louis Catholic Sisters will launch a campaign celebrating the myriad ways women religious and their supporters stand up for social justice in our communities. Compelled by the Holy Spirit and our Catholic faith, we work with people affected by immigration, poverty, human trafficking, racism, homelessness, LGBTQ issues, incarceration, and other injustices.
#StandwithSisters SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
Throughout the month of March, we will share video, photos, and personal narratives from sisters and laypeople who work with us on the social media accounts of our participating congregations (see the full list below) and on our website stlcatholicsisters.org. We hope others who work with or have been impacted by Catholic sisters will join the conversation and share their stories as well by using our hashtag #StandwithSisters.
Look for five billboards around the St. Louis metro area through the month of March. These signs will carry a variety of messages including,
“We stand for EARTH.”
“We stand for HUMAN DIGNITY”
“We stand against RACISM.”
“We stand against OPPRESSION.”
The messages will reach a wide audience of travelers and commuters, who will be encouraged by the billboards to check out our hashtag #StandwithSisters and engage with us on social media. The billboards will be digital and will be located at:
- Highway 40 at Jefferson
- I-70 West at Missouri River
- I-70 at I-170
- I-44 at Big Bend
- Manchester at Mason
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
- If you have a Facebook page, we invite you to share your story of how you stand with sisters by using our hashtag #StandwithSisters.
- We have created a Facebook profile photo frame for supporters to use throughout the month. The frame will help your image to include the message.
To add a frame to your profile picture to show your support for the Stand with Sisters campaign:
to your Facebook page and click Update on your profile picture.
- Click on Add Frame.
- Search for the Stand with Sisters frame and select the frame from the menu.
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save.
- Like and share #StandwithSisters posts from our participating congregations to help them reach a wider audience.